Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Notes On The Nature Of Reality

How much of what I write here is true? Is this a journal designed to titillate with fictional descriptions of things that could have happened, but didn't? Or is it an accurate account of things that have happened but with some dodgy names thrown in to obscure the identity of the writer? Or am I writing down things that I have been told by someone else? The answer to these questions is, of course, yes. It's a little of all that, because I want to titillate, I want to entice, but I also want to remain anonymous. I never expected to enjoy my research quite so much, nor did I expect to have my research branch out in quite so many different directions. What started as an idea for a short story about hypnosis became an idea for a book about hypnotists, which is slowly but surely turning into a book about sex that happens to have hypnotists in it. At least in the first draft.

Why this disclaimer? Weeeeelll...today I got private messaged by a complete stranger who'd read some of the comments I'd left on various hypnosis videos and wanted to know if I was interested in being hypnotized by him. And I want to have this experience, partly to lend more reality to my writing, and partly because I think I'll really get off on it. And I will share that experience here, of course, because it should fulfill the brief set out by question one quite well. At least I will as soon as YouTube stops doing maintenance.

It seems that each day I write it's on a different topic, so I have officially decided to continue this trend. Monday will be the day I talk about erotic experiences I've had in the name of research. What happens on Tuesday? Damned if I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment